Background

Monday, February 27, 2012

Finally, a play room!



We finally have a place for all of SD's toys. Thanks to my good friend, Lizzie, who is holding on to my guest room furniture, we have a place for SD to play! This is wonderful since it allows us to just close the door at the end of the day and not trip over her toys in the middle of the living room! This first pic is a picture of the room when my dad was painting it!











Here is SD's beautiful white chest we got from White House Antiques and we have turned it into a toy box. I love it because the top is too heavy for SD to lift on her own, so I get to decide which toys are in, and which are out!


A reading area for my stinker! I made the hanging bookshelf! Thanks Pinterest! We have a Walter Anderson painting hanging above to add a little bit of Ocean Springs to the mix!







I just finished these today. I wanted something that was inexpensive and that matched her room! These yellow canvases go with her yellow curtains and only cost me about $18! You can't see it in the pic, but there is a bird sitting on the branch!



Here is a pic of the finished product! I actually found this matching chair to Shelbia's on Craigslist for $120. It came with an ottoman too! What a deal. I can sit and read to her while she plays or she can sit with me! We also moved a TV equipped with a Wii and Netflix for my work-out space and cartoons for SD! This room has made our life a lot less chaotic and we just bought a large air mattress for our guests when they come to stay!



1 comment:

  1. Play rooms are life changing! Congrats! Everyone will enjoy that great space!

    ReplyDelete